Friday, June 5, 2009

Japaneese Fried Cheese Stick

From Salena Thomas

I had these in Japan and thought they were awesome.

1 pkg lumpia wrappers
1/2 - 1 lb american cheese (from the deli)
oil for frying
honey

Cut lumpia wrappers in half and then in half again, making 4 sets of equal squares. Cut block of chese in half and then in small, bitesized strips. the pieces of cheese should easily roll up in the wrapper squares. Separate one lumpia square from the stack. Wet each side with water. I just dip my finger in the water and rub around the edges. Place a piece of cheese on the wrapper and roll up from the short side. Press the ends firmly to seal. Repeat until you run out of wrappers or cheese. Deep fry in oil til brown. Serve hot with honey to dip. Trust me! For this picture, I couldn't find lumpia wrappers so I used wonton wrappers. Although the wonton wrappers worked, lumpia wrappers are much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment