Monday, March 15, 2010

Lemon Chicken Stirfry

This is a recipe my mom made when we were growing up. I don't really measure a lot, so I'll just estimate and you can change it to suit your tastes.

Lemon Chicken Stirfry
2 cups sliced celery
2 cups thinly sliced carrots
3 cups chopped broccoli
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup lemon juice (I usually end up adding more)
1/2 cup water
garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste

Fry chicken with 1 tablespoon margarine in electric skillet (medium heat). Remove from skillet when cooked through. Saute celery with about a tablespoon of margarine in electric skillet while you chop the other vegetables. (My mom added green onions with the celery, but I don't like them.) Add carrots, chicken, broccoli, lemon juice, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to celery. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes, until carrots and broccoli are tender. Stir occasionally while simmering, adding more water/lemon juice and seasonings as needed.
Serve with rice. We use plain white rice, but my mom always served it with chicken flavored rice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment