Friday, April 3, 2009

Gaan Puun Gee
By Salena Thomas
This Korean Dish is similar to a peppery Sesame Chicken.
It is frequently requested in my house.

40 oz wing drumettes or tenders - wash in cold water and let drain
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
5 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
1 tsp salt
Mix and add to chicken. Refrigerate 24 hours, or until you're gonna cook it. (I usually buy the bagged frozen chicken and let it thaw. Then I wash and pat dry and put it back in the bag it came in. Then when I add the marinade, I squish all the air out and ziploc it shut. Squish the chicken all around to evenly distribute the marinade. It makes for an even marinade every time. And I rarely marinade for 24 hours.)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 c corn syrup
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tbsp pepper
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/3 c catsup (more to taste)
1 tbsp mayo (more to taste)
1 tbsp brown sugar
Combine and cook on low to keep warm while you cook the chicken.

Mix chicken in tempura flour. You can find this in the oriental section at your local grocery store. Deep fry until brown. Mix in with above sauce and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment